- Sometimes you want a giant world or room. But you would like to split it up into small pieces and travel between them without notice the room change. You can open the project in GMS1.4 and import it to GMS2 (You can not open it directly in GMS2). But note that in GMS2 it use an "asset layer" not "tile layer". So you can NOT use animated tiles at the edges of rooms.
- Check the video to get a step by step.
- You can find a exCamera.gmez in the included files folder that you need to add as an extension.
- You only need to import the obj_ex_camera
- This code module let you travel from one room to the next without notice the room change (GM will cause a little load next room delay):
- The view is always in center (well you can offset it) of the player except on the edges of your big room where the view is limited like an ordinary room.
- You can add special objects on the edges that show in all rooms, to hide edges.
- If you want to have dynamic stuff near the edges you can set it to zoom in when travel from room to room, this will hide the other room a little.
- Add special move coordinates that is recalculated for you.
- All in GML
Getting started video:
- You only need to create a 2d array of the rooms you want and call a script.
Player object - Create event:
- Just set it to persistent and set the parent to "obj_room_switch_on_edge_parent". Add the object in the player object room.
Moveable edge objects:
- If you use a move to click position object you only need to add x,y array variables. Call init script and add a script before you move.
// Ex Move script
if x>ClickedX x-=5;
if x<ClickedX x+=5;
You can also teleport to another room with just one script:
scr_room_switch_TELEPORT(room, x, y)
End User Licence Agreement (EULA).
Age Rating: 4+
GMS1 - Version 2.3.6. Published August 22, 2017
Fixed bug in deactivater.
Got permission from @alexandervrs to Include old exCamera.gmez 1.0.4 in included files folder. He's awesome :-)
Added multiplayer offset calc: When you try use room switch for multiplayer you...
Loading, please wait
What is the issue?
Loading, please wait